amy pond meme: one quote
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.
I think what irritates me the most about this whole Danny Pink situation is the fact that Moffat apparently doesn’t think Clara can carry a season on her own. If bland, uninteresting Martha can have her own season and not have the show crash and burn, I guarantee you Clara could have as well. Twelve and Clara would’ve been the best season of New Who. I just know it. Instead Moffat’s taking away time for more of her character development because all of a sudden he just pulled a new companion out of thin air and now obviously has to introduce him. If on top of that Moffat adds a romance between Danny and Clara which leads to the most unnecessary love triangle in the history of time I may actually be done with the show until they get a new show-runner.
Can Danny just be Clara’s fab gay friend? There’s been a severe lack of homo vibes on this show without Jack. I’d be so okay with that and with a name like Danny Pink he really isn’t that far off anyway.
Also…can we drop the “He’s going to be awesome because he’s the first POC we’ve had since Martha!” I’m sorry, but since when does being a POC automatically mean you are a nicely-written, well-rounded, three-dimensional character? I’ve come across many terrible POC characters in my day. I’m all for inclusiveness and better representation of everyone in the media, but don’t start stanning a character just because of the color of their skin.
And now let’s count down the top ten BS singles in this post.
10. is Bland Uninteresting Martha with their hit single Did Shakespeare Hit On You? (Did You Walk The Earth?)
At 9. we have Clara Shalt Not Developfeat.Women Who Have Romantic Subplots Are Bad Women with the summer smash Only One May Have A Character Arc!
Coming 8. is the comeback kids Love Triangle with The Only Reason Danny Exists Is for Sexual Tension
Love Triangle also come in at number 7. with their second hit from their platinum album, Romance on TV is Girly and Therefore Stupid Because Everything Girls are Meant to Enjoy is Stupid
At number six it’s everyone’s favorite duo the Doctor and Oswald with their catchy Only Room for Two in the Whole Wide Tardis
Number five is a bit of a surprise with Canton and the Paternoster Gang delivering a gutsy ballad from their Album "Severe Lack of Homo Vibes" they’ve called Sorry We Didn’t Gay Everything Up Enough For Your Liking
Fab Gay Friend is the new hit sensation coming in at 4 with the song on everyone’s lips His Name Is Pink! He Must Be Gay!
Number Three is the Irritating Whovianwith their cover of Don’t Be THAT Fan's beloved pop song Fetishising The Gays
Just being pipped for number one is Dismissing POCs with the addictively catchy Danny’s Existence aka To Early To Be Excited But Early Enough To Write Blog Post about How Much He Will Suck.
And the number One song on the BS Top Ten Singles post is…
He Hasn’t Even Been On The Show Yet with Judge Him? I Hardly Know Him!
This is perfect.
Family means no one gets left behind …or forgotten.
There had been rumors for a while that a male fellow teacher from Clara’s school would be joining Clara and the Doctor, and this casting news was just announced this morning! Since he’s starting as a recurring character, I’m guessing he’ll be like Rory in season 5 and then possibly stay on? I’m excited!
"The universe is big, it’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely… impossible things just happen, and we call them miracles.”
things that make me want to set myself on fire:
- the belief that canonically rose tyler is the be-all end-all of all companions in the 50+ year history of doctor who
- the belief that ten was the most doctory, in-character regeneration of the doctor
- adding to that, the belief that the doctor is a character that should be seen as a constant, trusted hero, someone to blindly follow in faith
- the belief that river song’s purpose was to be the doctor’s love interest, and she had no life without him
- the belief that rose tyler’s life did not revolve around the doctor, and that she wouldn’t give up everything (her family, the safety of the universe) to be with him
- the denial that a significant point of the impossible girl arc was to show that, in the end, clara was just clara and not a mystery to be solved
- the denial that moffat showed eleven’s view of clara as being a puzzle as a negative thing
- the extremely subjective belief that amy pond and other female characters in moffat’s era are unrelatable and two-dimensional, and because it applies to a group of people on tumblr, it applies to everyone
- the belief that signing a shitty petition to get a man fired, and the belief that it would actually work
- the phrase “don’t you think he looks tired?” being used as an actual means of putting down moffat and being seen as an intellectual, clever and legitimate piece in an argument
- the belief that russell t. davies had a better understanding of the ideology of doctor who and the character of the doctor than any previous or current writer
- the belief that moffat took a shit on the rtd era and retconned the show, when in fact rtd that ignored and change a good chunk of classic who history, and it’s been happening since the show began, and shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing
- the belief that russell t. davies’ doctor who is the highest, original standard way of writing doctor who
- the denial that moffat has paid tribute and included more references and ideas from classic who than rtd ever did
- the belief that a small group of users of a blogging website with senses of superiority, misinformed articles/quotes/metas, and borderline social justice blogger-like agendas, hold the majority of beliefs and facts of doctor who fans and fandom
- the fact that the same people who preach independent thinking, strong mentalities, and fairness, are the same people who don’t check the facts of an article, bully and degrade others for liking something they don’t, and are EXTREMELY easily influenced by a majority mob mentality, and a popular tumblr post.
- the fact that some people out-right avoid acknowledging or reblogging posts (e.g. karen gillan’s opinion on moffat/amy pond crit, actual accurate moffat quotes on feminism and sexism, the correction of facts on a countless number of misinformed doctor who posts about the moffat era) for the sake of living in the delusional state of the views of the “majority” of the dw fandom on tumblr
- that fact that i have such a ridiculous list of things that people actually do, and think they’re in the right of, that make me want to set myself on fire
- ffs people